Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

7.23.13 New Beginnings

Today, I begin logging my trip to Ireland.
I never wanted to be a blogger, but I have no doubt it will be beneficial in the long run to be able to recount my visit as if it had happened today. Plus it's a lot faster than writing in a journal, and will save me from many hand cramps.
So what better place to start than shopping. Today I bought some new staples that I'm thinking might possibly help while I'm there. But as I was shopping, I realized I know next to nothing about Ireland, and I had no idea what the hell I would need to bring with me. I know it's kinda cool and kinda rainy, and there's castles and stone circles and leprechauns. But what will really help me?
So I went to the library, where better, to find some books. Now, I love reading, but researching doesn't exactly sound like a fun evening at home to me. But tonight, I begin looking for some information. What to pack, how to pack it, how to go about my life while I'm there, all that jazz. 
I begin with Rick Steves' Ireland 2013 because I hear his travel information is very helpful. But here's the thing; I'm not just taking a trip... I'M LIVING THERE. FOR FOUR MONTHS. What on God's green Earth am I going to do. I must say, I'm freaking out just a titch. I'll be there completely by myself, at least until I make friends. ...If I make friends. 
Okay, so as I freak out, I remember how awful my first year of college was. I finished my freshman year at Baldwin Wallace University in May, and I hated it. I never knew I would have such a hard time adjusting to college life, but surprisingly I did. Not only could I not seem to make friends, but I just couldn't get motivated to do anything. So I'm excited to start over in another country. I think it will be good for me to just get away to somewhere where I literally don't know anyone. And as scary as that is, a new beginning is just what I need. I'll come back refreshed with a new perspective on life and a new readiness to take on the world.
I'll be recounting my experiences and adventures as I go, and I'll post SO MANY PICTURES. Enjoy my page. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment