Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

A LegenDERRY Weekend--Part III

Now, let's see… Where was I… Ah yes! And so we left the Giant's Causeway (so sad), and were on our way to the Old Bushmill's Whiskey Distillery. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to take pictures on the tour… But I do have a few to show!





We took a guided tour around the distillery and saw how and where the whiskey is made. My gosh, this place is HUGE. They have more whiskey in storage than I could believe, plus the hundreds of thousands of litres that were being made while we were there! It was great to see all the different elements of the process, I was impressed for sure. So much so that I bought a bottle to bring home!

Our final stop before heading back to the hostels was the Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge, a bridge to a little fishing island that is now a lovely tourist attraction.









It was a long walk down to the bridge, up and down a hundred and eighty-comething steps and a bit of slope. It was positively exhausting, but positively deadly (awesome). I still can't believe I crossed this bridge. As someone who is very freaked out by heights, I thought it would be much worse than it was. However, I did it, confidently and excitedly. I wanted to stay on it longer! I felt very safe and secure, and I had a craic time snapping pictures of my friend while trying to walk across and view the scenery.

When we got back to the hostel after a long day of walking and climbing, we had a Derry pub crawl to look forward to!


Beforehand, though, we decided to go out for Mexican food for my friend Jessica's birthday. It was pretty good, but not as good as Chipotle. We headed to the first pub, where we got a free cocktail comprised of something sweet and red. At the second pub, we got nightclub-style dancing all to ourselves, plus sour apple shots, and the third pub provided me with my first-ever shot of Jäger! I also discovered a DELICIOUS new flavored cider called Kopparberg. I especially enjoyed the peach and mixed berry flavors. We also met a couple of really drunk guys, one of whom looked just like Neil Patrick Harris (all the way to the right in the picture). Very entertaining guys. I even got a bit of a taste of Irish karaoke! Not my best karaoke ever, but hey, it's been a while.

One more installment, friends! Until then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment