Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

8.6.2013 Countdown: 27 Days

I re-counted the number of days until I leave... and I got 27. TWENTY SEVEN DAYS. Hot damn. I have so much to do! 
I just closed a show at Near West Theatre, and now I have nothing to do with my life. So I really should start finding things to do. My standing To-Do list before I leave:
-PACK
-Figure out foreign banking
-Learn how to use Skype
-Figure out my list of top places to visit
-Understand how to get to the university from the airport
I don't even know where to start. Oh wait, yes I do, I'll HAVE A PARTY!!
So this Friday, I'm having a going away party. And the menu is going to be awesome. We're doing an "Around the World" buffet with club sandwiches and coleslaw from America, corn salsa and guacamole from Mexico, three different kinds of hummus for the Middle East, spring rolls for Asia, bruschetta for Italy, and, of course, corned beef and cabbage for Ireland (apparently that's a very traditional part of Irish cuisine. Seems nasty to me.) I love to cook, so I'm really looking forward to making all this yummy food for the party. AND a lot of it is vegan-happy so my herbivore friends can eat as well as the carnivores.
Unfortunately, I have no new Ireland trivia for you tonight, so I'll have to get back to you all on that. But, more to come soon, I promise! Peace out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment