Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

busy Busy BUSY

This week... and last week... have just been... OMG.
We're approaching the mid-term mark here at UCD, and you know what that means!! Mid-term papers.

Luckily, I only have three papers to write, each around 1000-1500 words (which, really, isn't much at all). Still, those three papers have been causing me a lot of STRESS. I just finished up a book, 'Jane Eyre,' which I am using to write one essay, and let me just say, that was a tedious read. I think had I had more time to read it at my own pace and absorb it more, I might have enjoyed it. But I was reading analytically, and I had a deadline to meet. I finally finished today, and I would consider it a good book, just tedious. My Drama essay is on analyzing a play I saw last weekend (which was fine), so that paper shouldn't take me long. I think the most difficult of the three will be the one for my Islam and Christianity class. I have to do a document analysis on a portion of the Qur'an. I've never done a document analysis on anything in my life, especially not a religious text. I'm hoping to God that some secondary reading will help me out with this task...

I have a week from Monday to get everything done, and in the meantime I'm supposed to be reading two more books: 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' and 'A Star Called Henry.' Both of these books I actually do want to read, but I think Alice is gonna have to wait a bit, seeing as I have to answer a discussion question on Henry in class on Wednesday.

All of this rambling (which you probably don't care much about) aside, I'm saying all of this to explain that I just haven't had time for any awesome Ireland adventures to share with you all. I've been hanging out at Starbucks cafes all week, and I probably will be all of next week too. BUT as soon as something interesting happens, I promise I'll let you know.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment