Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkins, Movies, and Great Craic!


A couple weeks ago, my friends all gathered for some serious Halloween craic. We went to my friend Kelsey's apartment to carve some pumpkins, watch some Halloween movies, and just have a fun night together! We got a few pizzas and plowed through those in a few minutes. Kelsey bakes, so she made us some banana-chocolate muffins, which were AMAZING and I think I ate five or six. We then set out to carve our pumpkins, which I haven't done in a few years, so I was ready. 






I loved getting messy and watching everyone's creativity flow. We had some seriously creative stuff going on, and all kinds of skills flying around. Some of the people in our group had never celebrated Halloween before, so we Americans had to show them how it's done. ;) They all turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself!







We separated the seeds from the goop and roasted them with some olive oil and salt, and it was quite a lovely snack to accompany "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and "Hocus Pocus," the Halloween movies of our childhoods. It was such a fun night, and I was so glad we were able to all get together and share a fun American holiday with our friends :) Much more Halloween craic to come this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment